Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Playing in 3D

So it is finally here. I remember posting about the 3DS after E3 of last year. I have been able to play with the system for several hours now and I can say that the 3D is awesome! However from the 4 people that I personally know that have played the 3DS half said the experienced a motion sick feeling. Those two often claim to suffer from motion sickness so I think there might be a correlation. I however have had no problems at all using the 3D feature turned all the way up.

There are a lot of cool features in the 3DS right out of the box. I will cover a few in this post.

The 3D needs to be seen to be believed. There is a mini game called Face Raiders that uses a form of augmented reality and has you fire projectiles at pictures of yourself or whatever else you decided to snap a 3D pic of. The game has you spinning and turning to find the next enemy to shot out of the sky as they taunt you with weird faces.

Next is the QR code (below). After making a Mii (3DS Avatar) you can transform it into a QR code and post it on the internet for example. Anyone with a 3DS can hold the camera up to the code and pull the Mii you created off the screen and into their system. Pretty awesome. There is so much potential in that feature alone that it makes it very exciting to see what developers might do with it.
Next post I will talk about the amazing AR cards. I will even post some pics. The only bad thing I can say about the system right now is that it is a dust magnet. How many times do I have to wipe this thing down?

1 comment: